September 16, 2021

IN THIS BULLETIN:

Meetings, Workshops, & Events
1. Jigsaw Connect: “Introduction to Graduate Career Services & Resources”

Deadlines & Dates to Remember

Policy Updates

Administrative Announcements
1. Greeting from Dean Surprenant
2. Graduate Honor System Seeking Faculty Panelists

Meetings, Workshops, & Events
Tuesday, September 28 at 11:00 am
Join us for our August session in our monthly series focused on Recruitment and Retention Support for Graduate Programs. This session is entitled ““Introduction to Graduate Career Services & Resources” featuring Alyssa Rametta of Career and Professional Development. Register at https://virginiatech.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcsdeiupj4vHNSVhQIuGWCfZCbjm7fe6QawV. Email ordi@vt.edu if you have any questions or concerns.

Deadlines & Dates to Remember

Policy Updates

Administrative Announcements
1. Greeting from Dean Surprenant
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome I’ve received in the short time that I’ve been here. In the next few weeks and months I will be listening and learning and I want you to feel free to reach out to me with ideas, questions, or concerns that you may have about graduate students or graduate education at Virginia Tech. I’m looking forward to meeting you all and am excited about building a shared vision for our Graduate School.

The Graduate Honor System is seeking new faculty members to serve as panelists to review evidence and determine the outcome of GHS cases. Time commitment is about 3-4 hours a year based on the number of cases and availability to participate in scheduled hearings, in addition to a 30-45 minute training session. If you are interested in serving, contact GHS Chair Kayla Alward (ghs@vt.edu), to set up a brief meeting to discuss the role. If multiple faculty volunteer from one department, a departmental training can be arranged as well.